7.03.2004

moon caught in wrinkles

Tonight, I was coming back from Kyoto on the limited express Keihan train. I had a window on the east side of the train. It was a full moon tonight. As the train rolled towards Osaka, I watched as the moon hovered back and forth, seemingly drifting freely and smoothly around in the sky as the train moved slightly easterly and westerly and leaned right and left on its tracks. It was, of course, an optical illusion. But, I was entertained to see the moon drifting around amidst the reflections of things on the inside of the train window, such as the bright lights of a pachinko parlor on the west side of the train, the interior of the train, other passengers and, of course, my own face in the window.

At one point, I smiled while watching the full moon slowly float across my forehead, pausing for a short time in the wrinkles between my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home